Anybody NaNo-ing?

A place for writer's to congregate and commiserate about the life of the writer. Discuss techniques for fixing your prose, livening up your dialogue, or awakening your muse. Also share in writing victories, be they publication or contest winnings.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

charlesp
Site Admin

Anybody NaNo-ing?

Postby charlesp » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:20 pm

I'm not, but curious if anybody else around here is.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:57 pm

I was going to. Even had a project.
But then drama invaded in my life. Not in a good place emotionally to even think about working on it.
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:15 pm

Well, I actually signed up on the 1st and that's as far as I got. I have never used their website so dont' know at all what I'm doing when I'm on there. Are we supposed to log things there or just use that sight as an excuse to write and then keep track for ourselves. ?
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:38 am

I don't even know. I've only used their site one year (many years ago) and at that point it was pretty much just you putting in your word-count figure into your profile. I assume it's a bit more sophisticated than that now, but I don't know.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:36 pm

The site is a community of sorts. You have regional groups of people who organize write-ins and such so you can get together and write together and support each other during Nano.
Behind the Press

There's always a bloody ghost.
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:45 am

I'm 11k words in, am behind & made no friends to write with as of yet...it's more about making myself write on one project, everyday.
"Come to the dark side; we have coffee!"
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:47 pm

I'm very capable of finding excuses not to write... very good at it... but I must say that November for me is just the oddest month to try to write every day... December would be worse. I think I would be more inclined to do a month of writing in March...

Maybe I need to start my own writing month... March Writing Madness... MWM... or MarWriMad... LOL!!
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:45 pm

I didn't even realize it was November until around the 15th. And now I can't believer it's almost December. I guess that's a no from me.
Is this my reality or yours?

Return to “The Writer's Life - Techniques, Characterization, Writing Ideas, & More”