Inspirational quote

A place for writer's to congregate and commiserate about the life of the writer. Discuss techniques for fixing your prose, livening up your dialogue, or awakening your muse. Also share in writing victories, be they publication or contest winnings.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Inspirational quote

Postby pengwenn » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:13 pm

I got a Magnetic Poetry calendar at the first of the year but I'm just now getting it set up. There was a quote on one of the months I missed that I liked so much I cut it out and put it up on my wall. I thought I'd share it with you. Here it is:

"I have never thought of writing for reputation or honor. What I have in my heart must come out; that is the reason that I compose." by Ludwig Van Beethoven

For me I've noticed that even though I haven't written anything for awhile I'm still thinking about it. I'm thinking up new stories, editing previous ideas, composing scenes. It's all up in my head even if I haven't done anything about it. I have ideas that I've had for years, maybe even decades, that are still strong and vibrant in my mind. I also use to think that my desire to write would go away if I didn't do it. I guess I'm wrong. I guess I just need to get it out of my heart and my head.
Is this my reality or yours?

Return to “The Writer's Life - Techniques, Characterization, Writing Ideas, & More”