a peek behind the curtain...

A place for writer's to congregate and commiserate about the life of the writer. Discuss techniques for fixing your prose, livening up your dialogue, or awakening your muse. Also share in writing victories, be they publication or contest winnings.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

charlesp
Site Admin

a peek behind the curtain...

Postby charlesp » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:28 pm

We've mentioned some changes coming for Wordtrip. I've got a test version of our Content Management System (using blog software with a magazine design) running right now. Check out the latest tidbit with a link to one of my new favorite blogs.
http://home.wordtrip.com/?p=28

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
timberline
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby timberline » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:47 am

Nice layout--but so...so organized. I prefer the current layout, which reminds me of my sock drawer. I just scrabble around and somehow come up with a match.
 Cruising the Green of Second Avenue is available at Barnes & Noble and other online book sellers. More good stuff at http://allotropiclucubrations.blogspot.com
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:49 pm

It's still a work in progress. Mudge is getting some non-fugly design work done on it, and I'll be tweaking a few things layout/organization-wise as well. We'll still have the forums and such, but trying to get something that's more magaziney and content oriented out there for people to use when finding us. Thanks for taking a look.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
timberline
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby timberline » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:34 am

Good show. I'll be interested.
 Cruising the Green of Second Avenue is available at Barnes & Noble and other online book sellers. More good stuff at http://allotropiclucubrations.blogspot.com
Nephtalius
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby Nephtalius » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:12 pm

Looks similar to the Writer's Digest site.
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle. -- Bucky in the Get Fuzzy comic strip.
Hissmonster
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Hissmonster » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:25 pm

Neph any suggestions on making it more unique...I would be interested in your thoughts.
"Come to the dark side; we have coffee!"
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:13 pm

FYI: The design hasn't been changed around yet, but there is still new content to be found at the blog/zine.

Return to “The Writer's Life - Techniques, Characterization, Writing Ideas, & More”