Anybody else read Jamie's blog?

A place for writer's to congregate and commiserate about the life of the writer. Discuss techniques for fixing your prose, livening up your dialogue, or awakening your muse. Also share in writing victories, be they publication or contest winnings.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

charlesp
Site Admin

Anybody else read Jamie's blog?

Postby charlesp » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:32 pm

It's a great look inside his process as a writer... and it's just good reading. I particularly liked this bit in yesterday's post.

Jamie Ford wrote:I’m having a hard time wrapping my brain around the concept of selling my second book in-utero. Maybe it’s because I write from a fairly loose outline. My outlines are like Britney Spear’s parenting skills. I’m pretty certain of the outcome, but it’s the level of unexpected chaos along the way that makes it interesting to watch.

That's www.jamieford.com for those of you not reading it already :D

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:20 am

BWA-hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I am SO gonna use that line . . .
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:54 pm

I popped in a lot awhile ago but things have gotten a little rough for me right now so I haven't been back. I'll have to bookmark it so it's easier to remember.
Is this my reality or yours?

Return to “The Writer's Life - Techniques, Characterization, Writing Ideas, & More”