rhyming help website

A place for writer's to congregate and commiserate about the life of the writer. Discuss techniques for fixing your prose, livening up your dialogue, or awakening your muse. Also share in writing victories, be they publication or contest winnings.

Moderator: Metaphor Makers

pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

rhyming help website

Postby pengwenn » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:53 pm

I admit I'm not a very good poet so sometimes I need a little help finding words that rhyme. I found this site today and thought it was cool. It will find rhyming words and break it down by how many syllables you need. If you find a word you don't know you can click on the link and you see the part of speech and the definition.

http://www.rhymezone.com
Is this my reality or yours?
Delaney
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Delaney » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:57 pm

Oh my god, pen. :lol:

This is the favorite site of Blue from LONG ago, that he used to write poems for me. I kept telling him his poems were great, then he told me he'd been cheating the whole time. He didn't use it to HELP, he used it to write the whole thing.
<i>It may help to understand human affairs to be clear that most of the great triumphs and tragedies of history are caused, not by people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but by people being fundamentally people. - Terry Pratchett</i>
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:31 am

Ah, but at least he was sweet enough to write you poems.
Is this my reality or yours?
fillerlady
Wordtripper

Postby fillerlady » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:01 pm

Thans so much, Penqwenn. That's very nice of you.

Return to “The Writer's Life - Techniques, Characterization, Writing Ideas, & More”