'Ello

A place to introduce yourself.

Moderators: JillStar, Metaphor Makers

BattyBell

'Ello

Postby BattyBell » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:29 pm

'Lo. I'm not too sure what all you might find interesting in an introduction.

Anyway, I'm Jess, I'm thirteen, and I'm hopeless at finishing anything! Yay! I'm from Louisiana, and...I spend about every other day on the computer, all day. You'd think my eyes would've popped out by now.

Trying to work a few bugs outta my plot lately, I forgot an important detail. XD I read a lot, mostly fantasy; medieval, modern, any of it is great to me. Soo....Hi, then! :D

I guess that's a decent introduction. ^^
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:35 pm

Welcome to Wordtrip BattyBell! Glad to have you. Poke around the forums and make yourself at home.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:37 pm

Welcome BattyBell. I'm a huge fantasy nut myself. Who's your favorite authors? Is what you're writing fantasy? I get a lot of ideas myself but I also find I don't finish a lot of them because . . . :D :lol:
Is this my reality or yours?
BattyBell

Postby BattyBell » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:45 pm

Thanks!

Too many. Libba Bray, Tamora Pierce, Meredith Ann Pierce, Phillip Pullman, some lady I can't remember...XD And, of course, J. K. Rowling. Lots of other people. What about you?

Yeah, it's modern fantasy. ^^ I was going to put up the first bit in a few minutes,

I just tend to get a new idea and abandon the old one. XD It's a never ending chain. Hopefully with NaNoWriMo I can get started on it easier. Last year I got pneumonia 2000 words into the book.

Meh, I've got the munchies. Maybe I'll go get a hunk of cheese. But the kitchen's too far away!
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:16 pm

Hi, BattyBell...Try sticking to ONE idea and finishing it. You'll be amazed at the lift and confidence it will give you. Just note down the other ideas and set them aside. Then when you get old (like me, haha), you can look at your notes and always have ideas to work on.
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
funkywriter3
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby funkywriter3 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:00 pm

Hi BattyBell! Welcome to WT. It's good to see fresh faces and some of the "younger" crowd of writers.
" The purpose of a writer is to keep civilization from destroying itself."- Albert Camus

"Writers will happen in the best of families."
-Rita Mae Brown

" Do not ask a poet to explain himself, he cannot." - Plato
BattyBell

Postby BattyBell » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:36 pm

Hello to you two too. ^^

Haha, but I just get that urge to go onto something else, and whatever I was working on first seems dead. Usually, though, the plot I come up with is better than the last. XD I'm trying to stick with this one, though. I'm very attached to the characters and the background.
funkywriter3
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby funkywriter3 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:38 pm

Yeah I had the same problem. I started a novel last year and then a couple months later got tired of it. So now I am trying my hand at new story. Just stick with it sometimes you have a bad day, which can throw your writing off.
" The purpose of a writer is to keep civilization from destroying itself."- Albert Camus

-Rita Mae Brown

BattyBell

Postby BattyBell » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:51 pm

I do that way too often. :D Or sometimes I'll have just finished reading another book, and mine will start to take on qualities from it, so by the seventh chapter, it's a total rip-off. I need to stop reading when I write. The strangest plots always twist together.

I'm upset with myself 'cause I did something very stupid earlier. I wrote out these whole two chapters, and I thought I saved them. My word processor has document recovery, so it told me that I hadn't saved it all, only once before I had gotten much typing done. 'Course, just about anything you close gets brought up in recovery, so I ignored it. :/ It's gone now. I know I'm not making that mistake again. XD

What genre are you writing in now, out of curiosity?
evil_angel
Wordtripper

Postby evil_angel » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:30 am

well! what can i say before i cut off yr head???
just kidding!
im angel 17! female...
what else??? i write novels usually! didnt really av a chance to post smthin here!
i like music from rock and to all heavier kinds of musig!
i also love dark art and cuttin heads off! obvious!!!
i cant hide the devil inside me! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
good and bad are possible!
bad is easy!
good is hard!
why do think i should suffer for for good since bad is cool!
http://cooljuniorwrite.createforum.net/
funkywriter3
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby funkywriter3 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:29 pm

what genre am I writing? Kind of historical fiction blended with writing according to the times.

-Rita Mae Brown

Writingmom
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby Writingmom » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:40 pm

Hey, welcome to the site. 8)
http://ldspaz.blogspot.com
~*~ Writing is life ~*~
tipsytoe
Wordtripper
Location: Land of eternal sun, and magoes. Otherwise; Singapore.

Postby tipsytoe » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:49 pm

Hi Jess :)

I am new here myself, although I am quite familiar with the site. Are you a Harry Potter fan too? I'm very fascinated by the book, as well as its fans.
We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
- Orson Wells -
BattyBell

Postby BattyBell » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:12 am

what genre am I writing? Kind of historical fiction blended with writing according to the times.

Sounds interesting. I've only ever tried fantasy, but I like a good historical fiction.

Thanks. ^^ Nice to meet ya, Angel. I myself am a rock-lover.

Yes, Tipsytoe. :D I got stuck to the books in first grade. XD My school doesn't like it, but I love it.

Return to “Member Introductions”