New to Wordtrip

A place to introduce yourself.

Moderators: JillStar, Metaphor Makers

TLKind

New to Wordtrip

Postby TLKind » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:22 pm

Hi everyone~ So, I'm new to wordtrip. I have a novel that has been finished for a year and has been rejected by so many agents, I just have to wonder what I'm doing in this "career." I hope to get to know some of you and share the writing journey. The non-writers in my life just don't get it...
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:33 pm

Welcome to Wordtrip TL! We've got people in various stages here and I think we ALL know the frustration of not selling our stuff, and having people in our lives not understand the writing journey. Poke around and you'll find lots of fun threads on everything from books we like, to our own writing troubles. Have some fun and Happy Wordtripping!

CharlesP

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:57 pm

Yeah, you need someone to share the misery! :D So welcome, You'll find plenty in the same boat. And as CP says, we've got everyone from pros to beginners. Join in, take some challenges, chat a bit and get to know us.
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:55 am

Welcome to Wordtrip TLK!
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2018: Additional FFF Prompts
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:18 am

Hey, TL--welcome to the boards.

As the others pointed out, we share your misery. But most new authors get rejected--it's part of the process. Tell us about your novel. And happy wordtripping.
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:35 pm

Welcome TL!!!!

Non-writers not understanding? :shock: jk

You'll find plenty of support and commiseration here for ya. What type of novel was it?
Is this my reality or yours?
bard_of_life
Wordtripper

Postby bard_of_life » Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:58 pm

Hmm... a finished novel... I can't wait to find out what that feels like... *wanders off in mind, suddenly snaps back*

Oh sorry, welcome TL! I'm only fourteen, so my writing pales in comparison to these people's, but it improves all the time... I can't wait to read some of your writing! See you later!
Life is a parchment that no matter how many times you blot ink on it, you can't bring yourself to crumple it.

Return to “Member Introductions”