Hello There!

A place to introduce yourself.

Moderators: JillStar, Metaphor Makers

Melui
Wordtripper

Hello There!

Postby Melui » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:10 pm

I'm new here. New to writing too actually. So I've been looking for sites with forums and...well whatever...to talk about writing and see what I can find out. Tips and tricks of the trade so to speak. This site looks awesome so far, but I gotta say I'm a little overwhelmed with everything that is on here. So...I'm gonna wander around the site. Hopefully I'll get to know some people. So...HI!

Btw, names Rose. I'm 21. And a photographer more than a writer, but I've always wanted to try my hand at writing so here's go!!
LostCoastArtist
Wordtrip Grand Master

Re: Hello There!

Postby LostCoastArtist » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:30 pm

Melui wrote:And a photographer more than a writer...

Not everyone here is strictly a writer, Wordtrip is a pretty open place. Welcome to the site and goodluck with the writing. :)
bard_of_life
Wordtripper

Postby bard_of_life » Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:33 pm

What's wrong with everyone here? Welcome Rose, I hope that you enjoy your stay at hotel wordtrip, and that you pick up some interesting tips/tricks/characters during the length of your visit. Are you into photograpy as a job, or as a hobby, or what? Same question for writing, although I'm sure all of us here at wordtrip agree that the word hobby should never really refer to writing at all, since it is a fine art, and we all benifit from it much more than a hobby.

Anyway, enough blabber, I'd better introduce you to the person I know best: me! I am 14, I live in the Northeast, and I'm a pretty recent addition to wordtrip, my membership is only a year or two young. I like to write fiction, but mostly poetry is my new addiction. I also like photograpy, though I only have a small kodak easyshare digital camera, and I mostly take pictures for my family's photo album or for fun. I'm not all that good yet, although everyone tells me that I am and that I am a great writer as well. Personally, I'd say that I am pretty mediocre, figuring that I have only finished essays and short stories assigned to me at school. But anywho, I'm blabbering. Nice to meat you Rose, and I can't wait to see you out on the forums.
Life is a parchment that no matter how many times you blot ink on it, you can't bring yourself to crumple it.
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:02 pm

hi rose. welcome to wordtrip! :D

i'm a bit of a photographer too, but I'm the opposite. . .more of a writer than a photographer ;)

What got you into writing? What do you like to write?

Lots of stuff around here, so I'm SURE there is something for you! Again, welcome!
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
Writingmom
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby Writingmom » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:02 pm

Welcome to the site! 8)
http://ldspaz.blogspot.com
~*~ Writing is life ~*~
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:24 pm

WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME!!!!!

Feel free to poke around.....but don't poke to hard (some of us squeel like little girls). :D
Is this my reality or yours?
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:49 pm

Hi, Melui--welcome to boards. Nothing to be intimidated by here--we're all pretty much in the same boat. We'll try to answer any questions we have, and give you plenty of opportunities to waste time. Good luck, and happy wordtripping.
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
Melui
Wordtripper

Postby Melui » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:48 pm

Wow, I had no idea that so many people would answer so quickly. You guys are very welcoming. Umm...I wanna answer what some of you asked so here goes...

Bard_of_Life about your photography: I've come to realize that it's not all about the equipment you use. I wish I could remember the name, but there is a (now somewhat famous) photographer who was your age or younger and he just used a disposable camera. Now his work is in photo history books. Maybe I'll find the name later and let you know. But if people say you're good, keep it up! I wish I had started taking photos when I was 14. And to answer your questions, photography is not a job or a hobby for me, I've recently discovered it's my dream. Writing, I don't want to say it's a hobby, but it is something I enjoy doing. Nothing feels better than filling up a blank sheet of paper. No matter how much I don't like whats on it at times.

xcheck24: When I was in highschool I used to doodle a lot and write random poems. Back then when everything was all depressing and angsty. I've missed having all those ideas and just in recent months I've been trying to get it all back. A lot of crazy stuff happened to me last year and I wanted more than anything to be able to put it on paper and get it all out. In a meaningful kind of way. I just started outlining a fantasy story. I'm a little stuck, but we'll see how it pans out. What do you like to take pictures of?

Okay. I'm sorry, I tend to ramble a lot. But I had to answer and say HI *waves* to everyone.
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:24 pm

OK, let me get this straight . . . you used to be quote depressing and angsty unquote . . . and you want it all BACK?

Yup: you're going to fit right in around here . . . :wink:

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
Melui
Wordtripper

Postby Melui » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:41 pm

haha. I'm not sure it was supposed to come out like that, but that works!

I just realized you're from Atlanta. I am too. I would say, "it's a small world after all" but it reminds me a bit too much of where I've been the past 6 months. :roll:
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:02 pm

Really? What part?

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com

www.imaginationtogo.com

www.wowwebnow.com
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:03 am

charles, the other admin, is also from the atlanta area.

and that's kinda how i started writing poetry too. all that "the sky is black" crap from back then. haha

but I'm older than you. i was in high school during the grunge phase and kurt cobain died when I was 17. way different era.
Behind the Press

There's always a bloody ghost.
Melui
Wordtripper

Postby Melui » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:04 am

So to somewhat fix what I said...I don't want the depressed crap that seems to happen to every teen, I just want the ideas I used to have. I just found a TON of my writings a few days ago. It was like discovering a whole other life. I haven't written that much in years.
dee
Wordtripper Extraordinaire

Postby dee » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:22 pm

Welcome to the boards from another previously depressed and angsty teen. I wonder if all teens have angst or is it just the creative ones- writers, artists, musicians? Oh I'm not a teen anymore of course, but you know what I meant, I guess.
Melui
Wordtripper

Postby Melui » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:25 pm

Haha. Yes, I get what you mean. I'm starting to wonder myself. I'm discovering things about my friends I don't think I realized in high school. We were all band people and artists so...maybe??
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:36 pm

Hi, Melui...How do you pronounce that...anything like Mlou??
My teen age angst is so far in the past that it's pretty vague and dreamlike but I do actually have some of my poems from that era. (Thanks to my Mom who saved everything I ever wrote. My biggest booster of all time. :) ) I did go on to write and publish tons of poems. Had to justify Mom's faith, lol. Also paint watercolors and enjoy it very much.
Please note our weekly poetry challenges. Hope they may inspire you to new poetic ideas. All of the past challenges are still open for use.
Welcome to WT!
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America

Return to “Member Introductions”