Newbie, wvmoonshine

A place to introduce yourself.

Moderators: JillStar, Metaphor Makers

wvmoonshine
Master Tripper

Newbie, wvmoonshine

Postby wvmoonshine » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:29 am

:coffeetime: Hi, I wanted to introduce myself to the group. I am a nurse, but due to some health problems, I am not working right now. I decided this was a great time to get serious about my writing. I am married and have two grown sons. Josh who is 32 yrs. old and lives in CA., and Jason who is 27 yrs. old and lives in MD. I live in WV, at the foot of a mountain, in a log cabin my husband built. I have only had one article published, it was in Catholic Digest. I was payed $50.00. I write for my church news letter. I am very active in prison reform. Next to writing, it is my passion.
I hope to grow in my writing skills, and learn from others. I am happy to be here.
The worst sin towards our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them, this is the essence of inhumanity.
(George Bernard Shaw)
The worst sin towards our fellow creatures, is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them, this is the essence of our inhumanity
(George Bernard Shaw)
charlesp
Site Admin

Postby charlesp » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:50 am

welcome to wordtrip!

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C Clarke
"Coffee is sufficiently advanced technology" - Merlin Mann
One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee." - Wally (Dilbert)
TheMudge
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby TheMudge » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:25 pm

Hiya, Moonshine--welcome to the boards.

We do a lot of chatting, idea-swapping, and even actual writing here. Most of our more vocal posters tend to lean toward fiction writing, but you sound like you write more non-fiction-type stuff. Don't be discouraged . . . there ARE a few of us article writers around; we're just more shy. :D

Feel free to poke around the threads, join in, or start your own. Above all, happy wordtripping.
"Throughout history, Truth and Love have always won." - M. Ghandi

"Truth and Love often get the crap kicked out of them along the way." -D. Mudge

www.joyfulcurmudgeon.com
www.imaginationtogo.com
www.wowwebnow.com
Jeffrey Allan Boman
Master Tripper

Postby Jeffrey Allan Boman » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:31 pm

Hi Moonshine!

I can empathize with life changes like that, although I was a writer at a young age, and moved over to Film. I have a BfA in it - but even in that, my strength was in the scripts. So I'm back to focussing on my writing again. :)

Welcome! I'm fairly new here also. Hopefully we'll both find stuff here to grow with!
xcheck24
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby xcheck24 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:42 pm

TheMudge wrote:We do a lot of chatting, idea-swapping, and even actual writing here. Most of our more vocal posters tend to lean toward fiction writing, but you sound like you write more non-fiction-type stuff. Don't be discouraged . . . there ARE a few of us article writers around; we're just more shy. :D

or talk about our fiction writing since that's what dominates sometimes. *sigh*

welcome to wordtrip! hope you like it here :D
Behind the Press
There's always a bloody ghost.
pengwenn
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby pengwenn » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:46 pm

Welcome to Wordtrip!
Is this my reality or yours?
luminosity
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby luminosity » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:20 pm

Add another warm welcome to the list..."Hi, wvmoonshine!" :D
To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.--Elbert Hubbard
wvmoonshine
Master Tripper

Postby wvmoonshine » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:14 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcomes :D I was reading post from other newbies, and being taken seriously is not my problem, my problem is my husband takes me serious, he just wants me to make money at it ](*,) I have not narrowed down what I want to write. I like poetry, fiction writing, and article writing. I guess I will keep working at it until something seems like the right niche for me.
The worst sin towards our fellow creatures, is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them, this is the essence of our inhumanity

(George Bernard Shaw)
Mlou
Wordtrip Fixture

Postby Mlou » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:14 pm

Greetings, wvmoonshine! Happy you like poetry. Hope you will give our weekly poetry challenges a try. They can help get the mind in gear. :-D
nothing is ever simply Yes or No. There's always a But...

GINGERBREAD MAN by Mary Lou Healy at Amazon.com http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/ ... ogid=16658 at Publish America
Writingmom
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby Writingmom » Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:59 pm

Welcome! What a great time to start writing. sorry about the injury, but you'll like it here! 8)
http://ldspaz.blogspot.com
~*~ Writing is life ~*~

Return to “Member Introductions”