I have returned...

A place to introduce yourself.

Moderators: JillStar, Metaphor Makers

timberline
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby timberline » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Oh, Quicksilver, you're the best. Wasn't it back in WG#6 or somesuch? Then you went underground, or departed for Facebook like so many other...Hissmonster, Jillstar...
 Cruising the Green of Second Avenue is available at Barnes & Noble and other online book sellers. More good stuff at http://allotropiclucubrations.blogspot.com
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Hey there... I just happened to pop on the site and saw your message. How's it going?
I'm off and on WT these days but am on FB as well under Phenix Jira. If you send a friend request, just let me know it's you... I only be-friend the cool people. :wink:

I like the screen name... Silent Dan... I'm not sure I could call myself Silent Jill... people would laugh me off the planet. :shock: :shock:
My writing site and blog is found under the pen name Phenix Jira: Main Site; and FB;
Fast Fiction Friday Blog 2011-2016: Additional FFF Prompts
poesis

Postby poesis » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Hey Everyone,
Figured I would pull a similar re-introduction. Funkywriter3 here. Not sure the last time I updated everyone, but I am in my last semester of a Masters in Art and Religion in Berkeley at the Graduate Theological Union. My thesis is articulating a poetics of resurrection at the African Burial Ground National Monument in NYC. I have been attempting a poem a day for national poetry month, a little behind...

:D
timberline
Wordtrip Junkie

Back in the Saddle Again

Postby timberline » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:46 am

Nice to see some old friends here--some successes, some challenges, sort of like the wicked winter we had in the Northeast U.S. I've gravitated to Facebook, but don't waste time with Twitter and the other media. Always feel guilty when I'm not writing.

Jillstar's Fast Fiction Friday prompts paid off for me, but they didn't really translate to a group on FB. Don't know why. Her famous "junk mail and a cup of coffee" prompt resulted in a story I sold once and then had it published again as "Call Him Lucky" at InfectiveINk (http://infectiveink.com/?p=1597)

So, I'm behind on my personal blog and also one devoted to the children's book writer, Holling Clancy Holling. And there's a crime novella I'm editing in a desultory fashion, another in the series of my Newark cop, Mike Mullally. Never enough hours in the day, or maybe I'm goofing off too much.

So funny when I sent something over to Gay Degani at Flash Fiction Chronicles (Every Day Fiction). She gasped and said "You're Timberline?" Actually, I'm Walt Giersbach and you can find me if you look hard.
 Cruising the Green of Second Avenue is available at Barnes & Noble and other online book sellers. More good stuff at http://allotropiclucubrations.blogspot.com
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:21 pm

LOL Timber... "you're timberline?"... that's funny.
I'm hoping (again and again) that I can get the FFF page up and running but I've noticed that there are a lot of fb pages dedicated to all kinds of prompts. They come and go. FFF is still there and I'm hoping to give it a lot more time in the near future... if things work well in my financial world. Back to writing and prompting. Don't give up on me yet.

Of course... this post of yours was from April and it's now August... LMAO!!!
My writing site and blog is found under the pen name Phenix Jira: Main Site; and FB;
timberline
Wordtrip Junkie

Postby timberline » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:25 pm

Thought about finding prompts this week to keep the juices running--and avoid serious work. Any ideas?
JillStar
Moderator+

Postby JillStar » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:37 pm

Sorry Timber... I didn't log back on here until today. I do have an idea... I'll post it in FFF here on WT.

Return to “Member Introductions”